Blue-Zoo and Q Pootle 5

This post was featured a while ago over at the CG Arts & Animation group blog. Posting here after a long overdue update.
---

Hey everyone,

Leo here! Hope everyone's been well! I'm here to give a quick catch-up on my on-goings at Blue-Zoo.

For those of you who may not know me, I graduated from the course at CG Arts & Animation last year in 2012. I'm now working on one of the latest projects from Blue-Zoo Productions on a new children's show called Q-Pootle 5, from author and illustrator Nick Butterworth.


Check out the facebook page for more info here.

The show follows the fun and adventures of Q-Pootle 5 and his friends Oopsy, Eddi, Stella, Ray, Groobie, Bud-D and Planet Dave, on the planet of Okidoki. Everyday is a new adventure!

And I'm pleased to say that Q-Pootle 5 actually debuts very soon! With the first episode set to air on Monday 29th July at 8.15am on Cbeebies, and will continue daily from then on.


You can see the Opening title sequence in HD here!

And catch a small clip of the first episode from the Cbeebies website here!

I wasn't there to work on the first episode myself - it may actually be a little while until the episodes I've worked on come to air (I will remind you then!), but the first episode is a great one so be sure to check it out!

---
Other than that, working at Blue-Zoo has been good so far with my main role of Lighting and Rendering. In a nutshell, I'm responsible setting up lights in a scene with the respective render layers and passes, getting them rendered and then passing them along to the compositers. It may sound a little dry to some, but it feels good to be part of the team with your contributions being valued in the pipeline as a whole - not to mention learning new tricks along the way!

It also great that Blue-Zoo has a nice friendly causal atmosphere around the office, which helps to keep things fresh. With the summer weather, we've had company trips to park, the pub and of course a evening out to the zoo... a real one that is (in costume!).


Just a lion mask for me!

Thats all for now! All the best to everyone - and be amazing as usual!

Links
Q Pootle 5 website - http://www.qpootle5.com/
Q Pootle 5 Cbeebies - http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/q-pootle-5
Q Pottle 5 Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/QPootle5

1 comments:

tutorphil said...

Hey Leo :) This caught me eye - nice to see this blog updated. Drop me an email when you get a moment - I'd love to hear how you're getting on.

Post a Comment