Essay - Uncanny

Been meaning to post this a while ago, but I eventually wrote my essay on the uncanny nature in the original classic 'Resident Evil' game made in 1996. A survival horror game produced by the developers ‘Capcom’, it became one of the first games to fully capture horror and tension in a video game.



There's an array of uncanny elements with the most notable being the third person fixed camera position, creating a range interesting effects that similarly added to the horror and tension of a claustrophobic camera, and restrictive controls.



I played the game during my childhood which I remember being pretty scared at the time (as well as some awful dialogue lines due to its poor transition in translation). Due to the style and nature of the game, it still retains much of the same drama and tension even to this day, proving its position as a timeless classic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment